The ultimate goal of Heart of the City Mission Foundation, Inc is to break the cycle of generational poverty. To accomplish this, we believe it is of highest priority that young people are simultaneously developed in two areas: First, young people must be encouraged to exceed educational proficiency standards for their age group with the intention of attending a college or university. Secondly, we believe they must to be mentored into developing life skills and the so-called “moral compass.” This two-pronged effort requires long-term commitments from volunteers and the ability to bring every resource available into the process; some success stories have been in the making for 5-10 years.
There are several pages here which describe programs and portray life stories that we consider successes. The hope is that in reading, you will discover the many programs that are now functioning under Heart of the City Mission Foundation, Inc direction and provision.
It is important to note that, while the main focus of the programs is on children and youth, approximately 25% of our efforts also directly help low-income adults of all ages and no-resource adults who are usually homeless. These individuals often represent second and third generation poverty households and are raising the young people in those households to see themselves with a worldview colored by generational poverty.
2023-2024 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Timothy L. Stauffer, MBA, Pastor, Mission Church — Chair
- Jodi Weber, HearCare Audiology — Secretary
- Laura Sievers, North Eastern Group — Treasurer
- Joe Zehr, Owner, North Eastern Group
- John Yoder, Owner, J. Yoder Construction, Inc.
- Jaime Holle, Owner, 4EOS & Safe House Cyber Security
- Jim Brockmann, 4KenyasKids.org Board Member, retired, former owner of A Party Apart
- Jason Russell, DC, Executive Director of Sports Medicine, Optimum Performance Sports
- Curtis Smith, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Lasting Change Inc., Board Member Emeritus, Master of Ceremonies